- RSS Channel Showcase 1236986
- RSS Channel Showcase 5702692
- RSS Channel Showcase 6308514
- RSS Channel Showcase 6207261
Articles on this Page
- 01/26/17--05:00: _Local Ingredient Ch...
- 02/01/17--19:00: _Wellness Embodied, ...
- 02/03/17--16:00: _New Paltz School Di...
- 02/06/17--04:00: _Rhinecliff estate t...
- 02/07/17--03:00: _First Lego League J...
- 02/07/17--04:16: _Beyond honey: A pri...
- 02/09/17--08:00: _Popular lecture ser...
- 02/09/17--09:00: _Local group,“U-Act,...
- 02/15/17--06:49: _Revolution in your ...
- 02/16/17--08:30: _Celebrate President...
- 02/21/17--04:00: _New Paltz Middle Sc...
- 02/21/17--07:10: _“Persist and resist...
- 02/23/17--09:00: _See beautiful ceram...
- 02/24/17--04:00: _Porcupines in our r...
- 02/06/17--04:00: Rhinecliff estate that inspired Edith Wharton faces uncertain future
- 02/07/17--04:16: Beyond honey: A primer on some of New York’s 400-plus bee species
- 02/09/17--08:00: Popular lecture series highlights science of the Gunks
- 02/09/17--09:00: Local group,“U-Act,” forms to resist Trump administration policies
- 02/16/17--08:30: Celebrate Presidents’ Day with Washington Cake or Washington Pie
- 02/23/17--09:00: See beautiful ceramic art in Woodstock & New Paltz
An assemblage of chili-makers, both amateur and pro, will compete in the ninth annual Local Ingredient Chili Challenge at Water Street Market this Saturday, January 28 from noon to 3 p.m. Admission is free.
“The heart of ‘Wellness Embodied’ is our psychotherapy practice, but I also recognize that sitting in a room with one person for an hour a week isn’t necessarily enough for a person to ‘shift’ some important things in their lives.”
New Paltz Middle School hosted a public forum Thursday, Jan. 30 to provide up-to-date information on the progress of the $52.9 million capital project ongoing in the school district and its possible impacts on the schools and community in general.
It was thought that the expression “keeping up with the Joneses” is derived from the lifestyle maintained at Wyndclyffe, but Wharton’s recollections are at odds with that.
The program, “takes the kids’ obsession with Legos to another level.”
“Most of the native bees live a solitary lifestyle. Thirty percent of them live in a hole inside of a tree or a hollow stem, and 70 percent of them live underground.”
Held weekly each February, the “Secrets of the Shawangunks” 2017 series highlights glaciers, the American chestnut, porcupines and wildfires.
Now that the inauguration is over and the reality of the new administration is setting in, many people who have not previously been political activists are finding themselves unable to stay silent.
Zines are DIY, often hand-made limited-run magazines, replicated on photocopiers and focused on topics not well suited for commercial publishing. The web is a more efficient way to reach multitudes with a targeted message, but it lacks the serendipity and tactility of stumbling across and interacting with a little zine. (And while small websites are rarely maintained more than 5-10 years, zines last as long as paper— the Zine Library at SUNY New Paltz has over 400 entries.
There was a Madison Cake, a Tyler Pudding and even a Jackson Jumble. But much like the man himself, none of those desserts became as popular as Washington Cake and Washington Pie.
New Paltz Middle School will present four opportunities to see “The Lion King, Jr.” Friday through Sunday, February 24-26. Highland High School’s Harlequins will do a single performance of “Beauty and the Beast, Jr.” on Friday, February 24.
Attendees were asked to bring a cardboard box to the event for the construction of a symbolic wall, which was knocked down at the end of the proceedings. The tumbling boxes were intended to signify a rejection of Trump’s exclusionary policies, and an adherence to the traditional American values of inclusion, diversity and equal rights.
The ceramic arts have been fostered in Woodstock since the Byrdcliffe and Maverick art colonies were formed in the early years of the 20th century. This weekend brings the opportunity to compare historic and contemporary ceramic arts as fostered in the two art colonies, on display in two separate-but-related exhibits, one in New Paltz and the other in Woodstock.
The best way to make friends with a porcupine? Offer the apple-loving critters a Red Delicious apple, which according to Melissa Gillmer, head keeper at Bear Mountain’s Trailside Museums and Zoo, is their preferred variety of one of their favorite foods.